So you’ve done the environmentally friendly thing and switched to the Kindle for your reading pleasure. I’m sure the trees thank you for no longer using paper but that e-reader needs electricity. Fortunately, the SolarKindle Lighted Cover put the power of the sun in the palm of your hand.
Give your Amazon Kindle a portable (and natural) power supply by using solar cells to charge both the battery of your e-reader and the reading light that’s built into the cover. The LED light is good for up to 50 hours before it has to switch over to pull power from the Kindle battery, and eight hours of direct sunlight provides up to 80% of backup power to the Kindle, equaling almost three days of reading time for every hour of charging time. That’s a lot of reading time provided by nothing more than sunlight.
SolarKindle Lighted Cover Features:
- Flexible, lightweight and high performance triple junction amorphous solar panel charges the Kindle from sunrise to sunset in direct sunlight or shade.
- LED reading light built into the cover provides up to 800 lux of illumination.
- A built-in 1500 mA reserve battery powers the reading light and provides extra power for the Kindle.
- Stylish leather-like/leather/leatherette case is smart looking and comfortable.
- Designed to be lightweight and thin, the cover keeps your Kindle safe without adding bulkiness.
- Folding cover makes holding the Kindle in one hand easy
- Product Dimensions: 7.9 x 4.7 x 0.72 inches (200 x 119 x 18.3 mm)
- Shipping Weight: 7.58 ounces, 215g
- Cover material: leather-like/leather/leatherette PU (polyurethane)
Enjoy reading while satisfying your environmental conscientiousness with the SolarKindle Lighted Cover for $79.99 at Solarfocus. It will be available on January 14 but you can pre-order it now.