Even though I’m a huge Star Wars fan, I like this incredible Planetary Glass Christmas Ornament Set even more than the awesome Death Star Tree Topper. Of course, there’s no reason your tree can’t have both.
It comes with all 9 planets in our solar system: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and yes, they include Pluto. (If you don’t think that Pluto is a planet, you are free to leave it in the box and just hang the 8 real planets of the solar system.) They aren’t made to actual scale, otherwise, you would have some super tiny planets and a humongous Jupiter ornament, but they do vary in size from 2″ to 5″ to somewhat show their relative sizes.
Made of hand-painted glass, these ornaments are designed by Kurt Adler, the company famous for holiday decorations.
Planetary Glass Ornament Set
- Set of 9 glass ornaments that look like the planets in our solar system
- Includes Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto
- (Yes, we included Pluto – if you don’t believe, just leave it in the box)
- You could also use these as the basis for a lovely mobile
- Materials: Hand-painted glass (some with decoupage for texture)
- 2″ spheres: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Pluto
- 2 1/2″ spheres: Uranus, Neptune
- 3″ spheres: Jupiter, Saturn
- 5″ ring on Saturn, ~4″ elliptical ring on Uranus
- A ThinkGeek / GameStop exclusive
- Custom made for them by Kurt Adler
Buy the Planetary Glass Ornament Set for $49.99 exclusively at ThinkGeek.