Water, water, everywhere, and none of it to drink. Let’s face it. Nature and Man don’t always see eye-to-eye on things, and life sometimes requires throwing caution to the wind when it comes to finding water to drink. Luckily, the LifeStraw Personal Water Filter doesn’t require caution to be tossed completely out the window.
Whether you’re on a camping trip to experience the great outdoors, traveling to a distant and exotic land, or had a hurricane roll through and trash the supply of local drinking water, there will be times when you have to drink the water that’s available, and that could mean chugging down some truly nasty little bugs that would scare you to death if viewed under a microscope.
During those times, you can rely on the LifeStraw to filter out nature’s nastiness, leaving you with drinkable water to quench that thirst without having to worry about a midnight visit from Montezuma’s revenge.
Features & Benefits
- Filters up to 1,000 liters (264 gallons) of water
- Removes 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria (>LOG 6 reduction)
- Removes 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites (>LOG 3 reduction)
- Bacteria removed include: Escherichia coli, Campylobacter, Vibrio cholerae, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Shigella, Salmonella
- Protozoa removed include: Giardia lamblia (“Beaver Fever”), Cryptosporidium Parvum, Entamoeba histolytica.
- Reduces turbidity, filtering down to 0.2 microns
- Ultralight: weighs only 2oz!
- Contains no chemicals (and is BPA-free), uses no batteries, has no moving parts
- Very high flow rate, Easy to clean, Very durable
- Used worldwide in harsh conditions since 2005
- Award winning & internationally recognized
The LifeStraw Personal Water Filter is available for $19.95 at EarthEasy.com and for $24.95 at Amazon.com.
Overall impressive for the cost. Why is the log removal better for bacteria then for parasites, when the effective size of parasites is larger?
What is the production rate?
This is very impressive and practical.
Why would you not pack one of these away in your backpack, cheap, light and could save you a lot of discomfort or worse, if the clean drinking water runs out!