Remember the old Holga cameras that created all the whacky effects in photos? The digital era had left those eccentric artistic expressions in the bygone past but Holga has finally caught up to the present with the Holga iPhone Lens Filter Kit, which lets you transform your iPhone into a Holga camera.
Don’t go poking around for an app that makes this photo magic possible because we’re going old-school with this kit as Holga rolls out a unique set of filters designed to fit your iPhone 4 or 4s. The kit is actually a dial (bringing back fond memories of the old rotary phone) that’s attached to a brightly-colored cover that slips onto the iPhone. Once it’s in place, you have access to the following crazy effects:
- Dual Image Lens: Produces 2 identical images similar to a Holga 2 way split image filter
- Triple Image Lens: Produces 3 identical images similar to a Holga 3 way split image filter
- Quadruple Image Lens: Produces 4 identical images similar to a Holga 4 way split image filter
- 60mm Macro Lens: For taking photos at approximately 60mm from the lens
- Empty Hole: For taking images with no effect
- Red Filter with Clear Heart Shape Center: Reduces absorption of blue & green lights with clear heart shape center to stand out
- Red Filter: Reduces absorption of blue and green light
- Green Filter: Enhances green colors
- Yellow Filter with Clear Center: Clear circular spot in center to stand out with surroundings in pale yellow to mimic sunset
- Blue Filter with Clear Center: Clear circular spot in center to stand out with surroundings in blue to mimic gentle moon atmosphere
The covers, which come in red, blue, silver, black, and white, aren’t the most stylish beasts in town but Holga isn’t about style; it’s about creativity, so grab the Holga iPhone Lens Filter Kit for $24.99 from HolgaDirect (via Engadget) and start enjoying this classic form of photography.