With this being 2012 and all the talk of a Zombie Apocalypse, LEGO is joining in on all the excitement (yes, I’m excited for the LEGO set and the apocalypse) with the LEGO Haunted House Set. This is the first ever official LEGO Haunted house and it features well over 2000 pieces and six ghoulish minifigures: 2 glow-in-the-dark ghosts, Lord Vampire, Lord Vampire’s Bride, a Zombie Chef, and a Frankenstein Butler.
Available this September as part of the new LEGO Monster Fighters lineup, the highly detailed exterior will have classic haunted house features like, peeling paint/missing shingles, boarded up windows, and broken shutters and railings. Normally that would be more than enough, but LEGO has taken it even further. Once built, you can open the house via the hinged wall to reveal an interior that features a kitchen, bedroom and attic for your playing enjoyment.
Enter the Haunted House at your peril!
The crooked Haunted House is home to the scariest ghosts and monsters. Tremble in fear as you open the gate, go weak at the knees as you step onto the porch and gasp in horror at the fireplace, kitchen, office, folding staircase, bedroom, potion room, music room and collection of other creepy objects. Dare you enter the Haunted House?!
LEGO Monster Fighters Haunted House 10228
- Add to your LEGO Monster Fights Collection with the first official LEGO Haunted House!
- Includes 6 minifigures: 2 glow-in-the-dark ghosts, Vampire, Vampire’s Bride, Zombie chef and butler
- Features unique ‘crooked’ design featuring boarded up windows and working front gate.
- Haunted House opens to reveal detailed interior with 3 floors.
- First floor features fireplace that swings open and displays a ship in a bottle on the mantle.
- Cook up a ghoulish meal with the Zombie chef in the kitchen complete with old-style stove, jars and table.
- Write letters from the Vampire’s haunted office.
- Pull the lever hidden in the chimney to release the drop down staircase and access the top floor.
- Top floor features gramophone, records and newspaper LEGO elements.
- Customize the Haunted House with new stickers for wall hangings, spider webs and curtains.
- Measures 15.4” (39cm) high, 9.4” (24cm) wide and 7.5” (19cm) deep
GeekAlerts will update you when and where you can purchase the set when the details are released.
Update: Coming Soon (on 1 Sep 2012) and will be available for purchase at the LEGO Shop for $179.99.
Update September 2012: Now available for $179.99 at LEGO Shop. Also available at Amazon.com.
omg… where can I buy that?
That is totally awesome and would make one heck of a great gift. When is that going to be available and is it special order or will it be at our local WalMart store?
It will be available September 1, 2012 at the LEGO Shop ($179.99). In time other places like Amazon.com may carry it, but it is listed as an exclusive to the LEGO Shop.