The LEGO Life of George set is really quite an interesting concept for geeks and children alike. In the box, you receive a Play Mat, many pieces of LEGO fun, and instructions telling you to buy the free application on your iPhone that is titled “Life of George.” Yes you need the application; no they’re not just trying to sell you something. Very unlike the man that comes to my doorstep to sell me golfing magazines.
The LEGO Life of George application is what makes this unique geeky product awesome! The app will show you a picture of something – a person, an object, an animal, etc., and you will need to build it on the included Play Mat within a set amount of time. The more accurate your creation is, the more points you receive. The faster you build your accurate creation, the more points you receive. Take a picture of your finished LEGO build and the app will analyze your work!
LEGO Life of George
- 144 basic bricks, play mat, “Getting Started” guide with George sticker (application is in English only)
- 2 ways to play: Game mode with single and 2 player mode or Creation mode where you design and capture your own models
- 12 different levels: When playing each level, you will receive 10 building challenges chosen randomly from the pool of 15
- There are two difficulty settings (easy or hard)
- Works with iPhone 4, iPhone 3Gs and iPod Touch (4th generation); an internet connection is not required to use the app; learn more about Life of George at george.LEGO.com
The LEGO Life of George would make a great gift for any LEGO lover, and is available at the LEGO Shop for $29.99 and at Amazon for $30. If you’re looking for more cool LEGO action, check out the LEGO LED Brick Light and the LEGO Wrapping Paper.
Jack Kieffer owns Cool Gizmo Toys, a site that loves to rant about the latest geeky products.