Cellphones and smartphones are a part of everyday life these days but they shouldn’t be a part of driving because distractions can lead to accidents. The ORIGOSafe makes sure drivers use the hands-free capabilities of their phone because that’s the only way the car will go.
The ORIGOSafe, a “distracted driving solution,” takes willpower out of the equation by acting like an electronic chaperone that doesn’t believe in mercy. The automobile it’s installed in simply won’t go unless there’s a phone docked in it, but that doesn’t mean you get tossed back into the Stone Age every time you climb behind the wheel. In addition to doing double-duty as a phone charger, the gadget also allows you to use your phone’s hands-free function so you still have access to your beloved phone and all its goodies. You just can’t touch it.
How the ORIGOSafe works:
- Prevents the driver from holding the phone, allowing the driver to remain fully focused on the road.
- Allows the driver to stay connected and productive through use of Bluetooth.
- Reduces the risk of accidents and injuries from distracted driving due to handheld cell phone use.
- Provides parents with peace of mind knowing that their driver is protected.
- Allows use with unlimited phones per vehicle. Great for family use!
- Models good behavior for your family.
- Easy to install and use – simple, one time set up.
- Charges the phone while it rests in the docking station.
You can add a little peace-of-mind to your world by making sure all your family members keep both hands on the wheel with the ORIGOSafe. It’s available for $279 at driveorigo.com.
(via Red Ferret)
In this particular picture is this device intefering with the Air Bag ? Good Luck finding a clean, clear, safe place on the dash of a modern car.
Nice. When this airbag goes, the passenger will get a face full of plastic and glass shards. Good luck.
That is not the airbag, that is the notification light on whether or not your airbag is on. It’s mounted under the console as it could be mounted anywhere. I have one.