Very few of us get the opportunity to drive a real Ferrari, and you can forget about driving a Formula Ferrari unless you happen to be a professional race car driver. Fortunately, the Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Italia Racing Wheel Add-On can provide a realistic simulation when combined with the Thrust Master T500 RS system and your PC computer or Playstation.
If the 458 Italia is more your style, check out the Ferrari 458 Wheel for PC and Xbox 360.
The Ferrari F1 Wheel Add-On is a removable, life-size replica of the racing wheel that equips the Ferrari 150° Italia. Designed to attach to T500 RS wheel base, it offers the power and precision that make this racing wheel such a unique experience. The Thrustmaster Quick Release attachment system enables users to easily attach the wheel face to the T500 RS base in just a few seconds.
The Ferrari F1 Wheel Add-On features a scratch-brushed reinforced metal facing ensuring optimum solidity and inertia. In addition, the scratch-brushed metal F1 Push & Pull sequential shifters are directly attached to the wheel in true F1 tradition and feature rubber-textured grips.
The extensive built-in equipment – rotary knobs, switches and action buttons – boasts professional quality, enabling each driver to make precision adjustments according to his own racing style and the conditions on the track. The racing wheel offers two rotary encoder switches (allowing direct, on-the-track optimization of the car’s race settings), eight push-buttons (with a 6.5 N dual-detent pressure), three 4.5 N metal switches with 3 positions and an automatic centering feature, two 2.5 N 8-directional D-Pads and two up/down shifters.
Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Wheel Add-On
- Full-size replica of the Formula 1 Ferrari 2011 racing wheel, under official license by Ferrari, for your T500 RS.
- A precise, robust and realistic racing wheel
- Collector’s item! Detachable Ferrari 150th Italia racing wheel replica for the Thrustmaster T500 RS, the benchmark simulator controller for PC and PlayStation
- Genuine F1-style scratched-brushed metal “Push & Pull” shifters
- Professional quality rotary knobs, switches and action buttons
- Rubber-textured wheel offering a realistic and comfortable grip
- Reinforced scratched-brushed metal facing ensuring optimum solidity and inertia
- Detachable racing wheel featuring the “Thrustmaster Quick Release” system – quickly switch from the T500 RS GT wheel to the F1 Ferrari wheel (and conversely).
Availability of the Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Wheel Add-On is expected in early October at a suggested retail price of $199.99. It works with the T500 RS System, which is available for $499.99 at Overstock.com. At Amazon.com it runs for $562.39.