Clifford C. Clavin, Jr., portrayed in Cheers by John Ratzenberger, is the know-it-all mailman that regularly sit at the bar. This Funko Pop! Cheers Cliff Clavin Figure has him wearing his ill-fitting mail carrier uniform and white socks while holding a mug of beer. It is Funko Pop! Television #797.
Some of Cliff Clavin’s best lines on the show are when he spouts nonsensical trivia, such as:
- “It’s a little-known fact that the tan became popular in what is known as the Bronze Age.”
- “They did a study between postal workers and chimpanzees. They proved chimps were 32 percent slower. Of course, they were better with public relations.”
- “There’s no rule against postal workers not dating women. It just works out that way.”
- “If you were to go back in history and take every president, you’ll find that the numerical value of each letter in their name was equally divisible into the year in which they were elected. By my calculations, our next president has to be named Yellnick McWawa.”
- “Interesting little article here. It says that, uh… the average human being only uses 17 percent of his brain. Boy, you realize what that means? We don’t use a full, uh… sixty-four percent.”
- “Everyone in the Swiss Army owns a Swiss Army Knife. That’s why no one messes with Switzerland.”
- “Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That’s why you always feel smarter after a few beers.”
Cliff Calvin, the know-it-all mailman from Cheers, has been turned into a super stylized Pop! figure! Add him to your Cheers collection today.