Blizzard just introduced a New Overwatch Hero: Wrecking Ball, an intelligent hamster with the real name Hammond. Wrecking Ball is Overwatch’s 28th hero, and the 7th tank.
Wrecking Ball is available for testing right now in the PTR, and it won’t be too long before he is released generally into the game. Play the PTR to help test him out and provide feedback to the Overwatch team for improvements and to increase your skills so you already have experience with this hero when he is released to the general game.
Watch the Wrecking Ball Origin Story from Blizzard Entertainment to learn how this intelligent hamster came to be:
Meet the resourceful tinkerer that fights with an iron-clad mech: Wrecking Ball.
In the latest Overwatch Developer’s Update, Game Director Jeff Kaplan provides more information on the latest hero’s backstory (including his origin from Horizon Lunar Colony and his time as a gladiator in Junker Town), as well as details about his abilities, ultimate, and playstyle.
Game Director Jeff Kaplan introduces Overwatch’s 28th hero, WRECKING BALL. Join Jeff as he provides some insight to Wrecking Ball’s back story, abilities, and overall strategy. Wrecking Ball is currently available for testing on the PTR.
Wrecking Ball Abilities
- Quad Cannons: Automatic assault weapons.
- Grappling Claw: Launch a grappling claw to rapidly swing around the area. Enables high speed collisions to damage and knockback enemies.
- Roll: Transform into a ball and increase maximum movement speed.
- Adaptive Shield: Create temporary personal shields. Amount increases with more enemies nearby.
- Minefield: Deploy a massive field of proximity mines.
- Piledriver: Slam into the ground below to damage and launch enemies upward.
Here’s the image gallery of all the pictures we have of Wrecking Ball / Hammond:
Leave a Reply