Is it a secret code? An ancient language long thought lost to mankind? It will take a special person to read this Geek Nerd Clock, which is what makes it so much fun.
Telling time is a piece of cake until you add a geeky twist to the numbering system. Fans of each will easily be able to tell what time is it, as well as understand the meaning of each reference. Others will be hopelessly lost. Take pity on them because they know not the joys they have missed.
Meaning of the references:
- 1=Commander Riker, on Star Trek, The Next Generation. Captain Picard frequently called him #1.
- 2=How many Star Wars droids the Stormtroopers were looking for, i.e. C3PO and R2D2
- 3=How many wizards are traditionally in the TriWizard Tournament in Harry Potter
- 4=The number of kings and queens in Narnia
- 5=While this was the second movie released, it’s actually the 5th in the Star Wars saga
- 6=The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy solution to the question, What is the meaning of life, the universe and everything? 42 (6 times 7 equals that)
- 7=The number of Horcruxes Harry Potter needed to find in order to defeat Voldemort
- 8=Exterminate(8) is the favorite word of the Daleks in Dr. Who
- 9=How many rings were given to Men in Lord of the Rings
- 10=Ten Forward is the lounge on the Enterprise in ST:TNG
- 11=No decent hobbit would miss elevensies, right after second breakfast
- 12=The number of Doctors in Doctor Who (we won’t go into a discussion about that 13th doctor in the 50th Anniversary Special)
With a sturdy plastic frame and glass cover, the clock comes in white, silver, or black.
The Geek Nerd Clock is available for $23 at LetterThings’ Etsy store.