The first time I saw an Air Swimmer remote-controlled toy in action, it was the clown fish version and I was thoroughly impressed. I thought, “Finally, a remote-controlled toy that won’t knock someone in the head or make a suicidal dive towards the floor!” Plus, it’s bigger than big and kind of looks like a mini Hindenburg for your home, minus the explosion.
Well, Air Swimmers didn’t stop production with only the Flying Bass, Clownfish and Great White Shark blimps. They realized that sharks sometimes act like zombies and are also into taking a bite out of humans, so they came up with the Air Swimmer RC Zombie Shark that’s poised to attract the zombie-crazy crowd.
Uglier than sin, the zombie shark is decked out in the worst shade of green and has flesh wounds, exposed bones and blood all over it. The bottom side flaunts the shark’s sharp teeth for a more frightening effect. This one has double, if not triple the amount of teeth as the previous Air Swimmer shark.
Air Swimmers RC Zombie Shark
- RC flying inflatable zombie shark toy
- Hours of flying shark attack fun for the whole family
- Durable, high-quality nylon material will stay inflated for weeks
- Simply refill with new helium when the shark doesn’t fly anymore
- Remote functions: Climb, descend, and tail fin control for turning
- Range: Up to 40 feet
- Includes shark and infra-red controller
- Requires 4AAA batteries (not included)
- Requires helium (not included, find it anywhere that sells balloons)
- Length (with tail): 57 inches
- Height (with fins): 36 inches
- Note: Not to be used outdoors
So even though sharks are allegedly resistant to cancer, it seems that they haven’t managed to escape the spread of zombie-itis. Rumor has it that zombie sharks are the ones that chomp on surfboards, too.
The zombie shark moves very slowly like a stalker or like creepy sharks in shark films. This effect is useful if you’re using it to sneak up behind someone. Check out the following video to see the zombie shark hard at work. You’ll also appreciate how its slow speed helps you avoid knocking things over.
The Air Swimmers RC Zombie Shark is $39.99 at ThinkGeek.com. Don’t forget to stock up on AAA batteries.