Pedalite – LED Light Pedals for Bicycles
The unique battery-free Pedalite pedal lights for bicycles have been designed to “make cyclists more visible to motorists day and night, from a distance of up to 1km away and from any angle, including the side”.
As soon as you start pedalling the Pedalite pedals uniquely harvest and store a small amount of energy so the lights continue to flash when the cyclist is freewheeling or has stopped at a road junction.
Here are two video clips to give you a better idea of the Pedalite:
- A set of two 360° visibility bicycle pedals.
- Orange, red and white lights flash from the front back and sides of the pedals.
- The lights are battery-free, powered only by kinetic energy as you cycle.
- The Pedalites store a small charge as you cycle so the lights continue to flash for up to 5 minutes when you have stopped pedalling.
- The lights are visible from 1km away.
- The Pedalites themselves are durable and non-slip.
- Each Pedalite has 2 rows of supergrip studs for safe pedalling.
- The Pedalites screw-in in replacement of your bike’s existing pedals.
- Requires a spanner and screwdriver for application (not included).
- Suitable for ages 8 years+ (an adult must attach the Pedalites to the bike).
- Size: 12 x 9.5 x 3cm (per pedal).
More info and retailers can also be found on the official Pedalite website.
(Via Coolest Gadgets)