If you’re serious about your lawn and want to keep pesky animals out of your yard or garden, the Orbit Motion-Activated Sprinkler is the 21st Century answer to sitting on your front porch with a shotgun.
Water sprinklers are great for keeping animals out of the yard because most of Mother Nature’s creatures aren’t really into getting spritzed by water, and the water company will fall madly in love with you if you keep a sprinkler going 24/7. However, your bank account will probably hate your guts, which is what makes this sprinkler so great.
Like the name implies, this little spreader of water is motion-activated but that’s not the only thing that makes it cool. It has several adjustment settings (activate any time, only during the day, or only during the night) that will be appreciated by mail carriers, delivery drivers, and spouses or children coming home from a busy day at work or school.
Orbit Motion-Activated Sprinkler
- Deters deer, birds, cats, dogs, skunks, opossums, and other similar pests and animals without hurting them.
- Protects your garden and yard from deer, cats, dogs, birds, and more.
- Adjustable, intelligent sensor with easy-to-manage controls.
- Passive infrared motion sensor detects animals from up to 40 feet away, even at night to give you maximum protection, and intelligent sensing technology learns the difference between trees and animals to prevent overwatering.
- Also functions as a timed sprinkler
- Metal dual-step spike with brass hose swivel penetrates the soil easily and makes disconnecting the hose quick and simple.
- Uses four AA batteries, which provide power for up to 7,500 cycles (batteries not included; alkaline recommended).
The Orbit Motion-Activated Sprinkler is available for $79.99 at Amazon.com.