Maybe you have already seen the awesome Time Machine Clock, it’s been around a while. If not, please take your time to check it out. It’s quite unique and it’s now back in stock over at Gadgets.dk.
To indicate the current time, this timepiece uses small steel balls and three ramps; hours (1-12), five minute intervals (0-55) and single minutes (0-4). At the very top there’s a dial which will give you the seconds.
Each minute, the rotating ball-carrier arm carries a small steel ball from the storage ramp in the back up to the top ramp. From there, the ball rolls into the one-minute, five-minute or hours chute. Watching this thing go from 12:59 to 1:00 is the coolest!
Here’s a short video demonstration of the Time Machine Clock:
The clock comes with a transparent acrylic display case for dust cover and is battery operated with an AC adapter jack (it uses 6 x C batteries).
Time Machine Clock
- Indicates hours, minutes and seconds
- 32 chrome balls included
- Precision movement transfers a chrome ball every 60 seconds
- Transparent acrylic display case
- Ball transfer arm
- One of the most unique time pieces ever made
- Completely assembled and ready to run
- Supplied in attractive gift box
- Full instructions included
- Size: Time Machine Clock H 20.3cm x W 27.3cm x D 16.2cm
You can get it from Gadgets.dk for 399 DKK (about $72 USD). (Update: Link removed because the page is gone.)