How many times have you wished you had an easy way to start a fire? Ok for many of us probably none, but for the camper, hiker or outdoorsman, too many to keep track of. That’s where Swedish FireSteel comes in handy. It allows for quick and easy fire starting from the sparks it creates when you scratch the metal clip across the FireSteel. This device is so good, it was originally developed for the Swedish Department of Defense.
The Swedish FireSteel has these great features:
- Lights campfires, stoves, gas-barbecues
- Uses a magnesium alloy that consists of 7 metals
- Lasts for approximately 12,000 strikes
- Produces a spark temperature close to 3,000°C (5,500°F)
- Bright spark – can be used as emergency signal
- Functions in rain and snow
- Dimensions: main component is approx. 3.75″ long
- Weight: approx. 1.9 ounces
You can purchase the lifesaving Swedish FireSteel at ThinkGeek for $10.99 and amazon from $14.27. If you’re out camping, don’t forget your Grab-It Pack and MusucBag.
Good idea to have around but:
I always have my zippo and
a cheap, $ 1.00 refillable lighter, here, there and everywhere, and it has a flashlight and is smaller than a Bic.
The best is you can buy one for less than $ 5.00 at