I know LEGO fans are always excited to hear about LEGO news and fans in New Orleans should be extra excited this week. LEGO is hosting the first ever all-night LEGO build in New Orleans on Saturday, September 29th.
Join in as LEGO Master Builders construct a 10 foot tall vampire made entirely from LEGO bricks (the above image is a miniature model of what the final LEGO figure should look like based on the minifigure.) Builders will work all day to bring Lord Vampire to completion by the light of the full moon. This is going to be one monstrous minifigure, literally and figuratively. All the details are listed below and this event is sure to provide onlookers with some great photo opportunities with LEGO Lord Vampire set against the backdrop of iconic Jackson Square and St. Louis Cathedral. Perfect for Halloween.
This spooky celebration is open to the entire family and features something for everyone, including performances from New Orleans Saintsations and community costume contest.
- WHEN: Saturday, September 29th to Sunday, September 30th
- 12:00 PM-5:00 PM: Open brick building for Lord Vampyre model
- 5:00 PM: Lord Vampyre assembly begins
- 6:00 PM: Costume contest (for children up to age 14)
- 9:00 PM & 10:00 PM: Monster-inspired Saintsations dance performances
- 3:00-7:00 PM: LEGO Club Kids Activities
- 6:00 AM hour: Master Builder, Erik Varszegi, will place final brick
- WHERE: Washington Artillery Park Amphitheater
750 Decatur St., between St. Peter and St. Ann Sts.
New Orleans, LA 70116
- COST: FREE
Go and check it out, it’s free and sure to be a good time. With Halloween right around the corner, remember to check out the Monster Fighters sets to add some building block fun to your spooky October nights.
UPDATE October 2012: The New Orleans All-Night LEGO Vampire Build is complete. Below are a few pictures from the event.