Forget caffeine as a stimulant because nothing gets the ol’ synapses firing like a little electricity zapped into your brain with the Foc.us tDCS Headset.
Chances are that electro-shock therapy isn’t for everyone but hardcore gamers will do just about anything to get that edge needed to perform faster than the competition, and gamers are the intended audience for this futuristic-looking cranium zapper, although you don’t have to be a gamer to enjoy the ‘perks’ of having your brain stimulated.
The idea is that using transcranial Direct Current Stimulation (tDCS) to increase the plasticity of your brain will make your synapses fire faster, increasing response time and allowing you to become a butt-kicking game-playing demon.
Foc.us tDCS Headset
- Anodal or cathodal stimulation of the prefrontal cortex using 2 x 2 focused electrode array
- Default 1.0mA for 10 min
- Configurable current from 0.8 to 2.0mA with app
- Time from 5min to 40 mins with app
- Crescendo start for comfort
- External electrodes available
- Upgrade kit includes external electrodes and enables Sinus, Pulse, Noise and Sham operation modes
If you’re looking to take your gaming prowess to the next level (or just want to try something a little different), the Foc.us tDCS Headset is available for $249 at Foc.us.
(via Red Ferret)