If remote control planes are cool, and remote control jet planes are awesome, what is the remote control Flying Fire Breathing Dragon? It’s so super-cool and mind-blowingly awesome that words almost can’t do it justice.
If you’re an RC junkie looking for something a little different or wish you could be like Daenerys Targaryen on Game of Thrones, you’re going to pass out from the greatness of this thing. Not only is this RC “plane” designed to look like a dragon, it even breathes fire and has glowing eyes. Don’t get too excited with visions of attacking your neighbor with a fireball attack from the sky, though, because safety features don’t allow the dragon to breathe fire while airborne.
The dragon uses 1/2 gallon of jet aircraft fuel or kerosene for 10-minute flights and it’s capable of pulling off all the maneuvers you’d expect a dragon to be able to do, including climbing and diving, and just like real creatures that can fly, the dragon’s head swivels in the direction it turns.
Flying Fire Breathing Dragon
- The dragon’s LED eyes can be commanded to glow red while it emits a fiery 3′ blast of flame from a cleverly concealed (and flight-disabled) propane tank and igniter built into its toothy maw.
- A miniature turbine engine built into the beast’s chest provides thrust that exits the rear at 500 mph.
- Four clawed feet each house a 3″-diam. rubber wheel for braking and steering while on the ground.
- Aerodynamic outer shell is constructed from a Nomex core sandwiched between two layers of epoxy glass with internal structural formers made from high-grade plywood for lightweight and optimal flight performance.
- 9′ L x 9′ W x 20″ H. (40 lbs.)
Of course, you probably don’t expect something this wicked to come cheap, and you’d be right. The Flying Fire Breathing Dragon is available for $60,000 at Hammacher Schlemmer.