If you work an office job, chances are you’ve seen your share of motivational posters that managers apparently think are effective. Those of us who are a bit more cynical in nature get a kick out of the humorous demotivational posters (such as this Stormtrooper Regrets Poster) that were created in response. If you enjoy those, you’ll like the ThinkGeek Despair 2019 Wall Calendar, which features demotivating designs for each month. This calendar also features geeky dates, so you don’t forget about Pi Day, May the 4th be with you, Talk Like a Pirate Day, and other similar “holidays.”
The ThinkGeek Despair 2019 Wall Calendar includes these Demotivator designs:
- Consequences: A ship is safe in harbor but you just had to be a risk taker, didn’t you?
- Unreliability: Failure is simply an opportunity to begin again, next time some place else, where they like to hire losers.
- Discouragement: Because there’s nothing standing between you and your goal but a total lack of talent and complete failure of will.
- Negativity: What optimists call objectivity when they don’t like the message.
- Education: You can’t put a price on a good education, but you can spend a small fortune to acquire skills that might help you earn a fraction of it back before technology obsolesces your knowledge set.
- Hype: The power to get you excited about that which you know isn’t real.
- Work: When I was told I had to pull my weight around here, I didn’t realize that included everyone else’s.
- Hope: May not be warranted at this point.
- Sloth: Is my spirit animal.
- Break the rules: On your own time. Here, you get paid to conform.
- Sacrifice: All we ask here is that you give us your heart.
- Stress: Just look for me somewhere beyond the limits of human endurance.
Buy this calendar from ThinkGeek, where it costs $19.99.