Here at GeekAlerts, we really love LEGOs and just about anything that is mechanical or robotic. So when LEGO decided to put together a robotic kit that includes 619 pieces and an intelligent NXT Lego brick featuring a 32-bit microprocessor, a large matrix display, 4 input and 3 output ports, and Bluetooth and USB communication link, we were ecstatic. The LEGO Mindstorms NXT 2.0 kit includes a guide book on how to build ShoterBot, RoboGator, Color Sorter and the main Mindstorm NXT robot; but with your own imagination and all these working parts from LEGO, the fun can be limitless.
With three interactive servo motors and four sensors: 1 Ultrasonic Sensor (the eyes), 2 Touch Sensors (the finger and/or toes), and 1 all-new Color Sensor (distinguishes colors and light settings, and functions as a lamp), this LEGO robot is ready to stimulate some serious brain cells. Team up with your kids for some exciting building time, or build on your own. Either way, Minstorm NXT 2.0 is sure to be one of the best LEGO experiences you’ll ever have. Personally, I’m going to figure out how to adapt some of these cool features to my huge LEGO and LEGO Star Wars collections. I can see the the Death Star powering up now and Luke, Han and Chewie escaping in the LEGO Volkswagen T1 Camper Van; fully converted to Star Wars specs of course!
LEGO Mindstorms NXT 2.0 Robotic Kit
- The intelligent NXT LEGO brick (the brain) features 32-bit microprocessor, a large matrix display, 4 input and 3 output ports, and Bluetooth and USB communication link.
- Three interactive servo motors.
- Four sensors: 1 Ultrasonic Sensor (the eyes), 2 Touch Sensors (the finger and/or toes), and 1 all-new Color Sensor (distinguishes colors and light settings, and functions as a lamp).
- Easy-to-use software (PC and Mac) with icon-based drag-and-drop programming and 16 fun building and programming challenges
- Building instructions for 4 new amazing robots.
- Personalize your robots with the Sound and Icon editors.
- Share your project files with your friends with the Pack-N-Go project packager.
- Software requirements: Windows XP (SP2 or newer), Vista (SP1 or newer) -or- Mac Apple MacOS X v10.4 or 10.5
- 619 pieces of LEGO robo fun.
- Batteries: 6 AA (not included)
- Dimensions: varies, but the posterboyrobo is 12.5″ tall