For a shampoo to be listed on GeekAlerts, you might expect it to smell like bacon or be loaded with caffeine. Unfortunately, neither is true with La Bella Placenta Shampoo and Conditioner. Instead, it is here as a WTF!?! product, because that was my first thought after discovering that it is made with real animal placenta. Sure, the ingredient is placenta enzymes, which are likely extracted in a clean, scientific manner and make up a tiny portion of the ingredients, but it still sounds weird to me.
Maybe if I were less geeky and more familiar with beauty products, this wouldn’t be a shock to me, because apparently placenta has been a special highly-effective ingredient in hair products for a long time. If it doesn’t sound gross to you, check it out because it is very inexpensive and has some great customer reviews.
La Bella Placenta Shampoo and Conditioner
- Offers hair refuge from the injurious effects of our environment.
- Blended with a special Placenta Enzyme, Vitamin E & Panthenol.
- Pearlescent formula gently cleanses hair while bathing each strand in a replenishing bath of proteins that will strengthen hair.
- Fortifies hair against the stripping effects of brushing, teasing, and over-drying.
- Helps repair split ends, restore manageability and renews shine and bounce. For dry, damaged or color treated hair.
La Bella Placenta Shampoo and Conditioner is available from $3 per 34 ounce bottle through Amazon.com.