I felt like I fell through a time-warp when I saw this awesome blast from the past. The original BigTrak was an incredible toy that was ahead of its time. Now, the BigTrak Jr Programmable Rover takes all that 1979 goodness and makes it even better.
Just like its older big brother, the BigTrak Jr can be programmed with a sequence of commands that will control movement and the firing of the photon cannon, but the more modern and hip version also comes with a memory save function that keeps you from having to punch in the same commands over and over. An active accessory port is also included for the coming soon extra goodies. Need something for the BigTrak Jr to crawl over? No problem, because you also get some awesome moon-crater accessories that let you make your own obstacle course.
- Smaller version of the original programmable tank from 1979
- Program in a series of commands using the on-board keypad and BigTrak executes them
- New ‘Memory Save’ function allows previous programs to be stored for later use
- Tank style movement allows BigTrak to move forward, turn in place and fire it’s light cannon
- Plot a course up to 60 feet and navigate around obstacles
- Bigtrak Jr features a new ‘active accessory port’ allowing it to use exclusive new accessories (coming 2011) including a digital camera and foam rocket launcher
- Comes with with six plastic ‘moon crater’ obstacles
- Requires 3 X AA batteries (not included)
- Dimensions: 200mm long, 152mm wide, 90mm high
It doesn’t matter if you want to relive your own childhood adventures or introduce your kids to BigTrak joy, the BigTrak Jr Programmable Rover for $24.99 (reg. $39.99) from ThinkGeek is an awesome toy to add to your fun-time arsenal.
Leave a Reply