At last you can harness the power of the Timelords and control your TV with a Sonic Screwdriver. The Sonic Screwdriver Programmable TV Remote will have you changing channels in style.
This gesture-based universal remote control looks so good because it is hand-polished, copper-plated, and made of die cast metal construction. Control your TV using simple and intuitive movements. Rotate clockwise or counterclockwise to adjust the volume on your iPod dock, or flick the Sonic Screwdriver up and down to change TV channels or navigate the program guide
Sonic Screwdriver Programmable TV Remote
- Control your Earth-based electronics with this timey wimey device
- Fully functioning programmable infrared remote control
- Gesture-based remote uses IR to control entertainment systems
- Up to 39 remote control codes can be stored in the Sonic Screwdriver
- Guided setup teaches you how to use the sonic with spoken prompts
- Four modes: Practice mode: Learn your gestures, Control mode: Control your electronics, Quiet Control mode: Control your electronics quietly, FX Mode: 13 authentic special FX sounds from the Doctor Who universe
- Bright illuminating tip lights up and pulses when in standby
- Personal lock code lets you keep the power all to yourself
- Materials: hand-polished die cast metal, ABS plastic, soft-touch plastic, copper plating
- Compatibility: Virtually all home entertainment systems
You can even open your DVD tray by pulling back on the Sonic Screwdriver. You get 13 gestures and 3 memory banks and you can store up to 39 remote control codes. Just $99.95 from Thinkgeek.com. It is temporarily out of stock, but is expected to arrive at the end of August / early September.
Update: Now also available at Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk.
Just picked one up at Amazon.com. Very pumped. Will be here in 2 days. Looks awesome and if it works like it should, will probably pick up another for a gift