The 80’s are gone but I know I can’t be the only one that would like to see the iconic boombox make a comeback, right? The Berlin Boombox lets you rock it old-school by combining modern technology, cardboard, and 80’s stylishness. iPhones and iPods are great when it comes to always having music available but they have one major drawback.
That’s right. No matter how hard you try, there is absolutely no way to act out the famous John Cusack scene from “Say Anything” with a tiny, little music player. It just doesn’t work. Don’t try it. The woman you’re trying to woo will just laugh at you. I don’t want to get into any details but trust me when I say I know what I’m talking about.
This unique sound-system, made of recycled cardboard, has everything you need to make your own classic boombox, and it’s completely customizable because, since it’s made of cardboard, you can just whip out some magic markers and unleash your creative side. Gone are the days of wishing you could find a music player that’s purple with black zebra stripes.
- Does not automatically give owner good musical taste
- Is best carried on the shoulder, while strutting
- Space provided may not hold all phones/mp3 players (size dependent)
- Flat-packed, build-your-own cardboard stereo
- Manufactured using recycled corrugated cardboard
- 3.5mm jack means compatible with iPhone, iPod and Android
- No glue or tools needed
- Designed by Axel Pdaender
- 2x 5W integrated amplifier
- 2x (69mm) speakers
- 3.5mm stereo jack (headphone plug)
- Volume knob
Add a unique look to your preferred way of listing to music (and make John Cusack happy) with the Berlin Boombox for $80.69 at Firebox.com.