If you take your lunch to school or work, you’re in luck, because the coolest lunchbox ever just landed—the Apollo 11 Film Reel Canister Lunch Box. This bento-box style lunch box offers three separate compartments, is made of durable stainless steel, and looks like it should be carrying mission film from Apollo 11.
On the outside this lunch box reads “Apollo 11 Mission Film Reel” and it features the NASA meatball logo, the Apollo 11 patch design, an American flag, and some timestamps from July 20, 1969, when the Apollo Lunar Module touched down on the Moon at Tranquility Base.
Each of the three bowls has a 20-ounce capacity and can be used for many other purposes, such as for travel, storage, or as doggy bowls.
Carry your own thermostabilized cheddar cheese spread (or whatever’s for lunch) in this Apollo 11 Mission Film Reel Lunch Canister. With a three-part bento-style design, it looks like it was made to keep some of the film from the mission. But you can pop it open to reveal today’s sandwich or your smoothie packet that… hmm. Now that we think about it, that green shake looks a lot like something those astronauts would have eaten 50 years ago. Carry on.
Apollo 11 Mission Film Reel Lunch Canister
- Reads Apollo 11 Mission Film Reel with NASA’s “meatball” logo
- Back has the Apollo 11 patch design with the timestamps 07201969 20:17:40 and 20:17:46
- Bento-box design with three food storage containers
- Would also make an awesome travel dog bowl set for your astropup
- Materials: Stainless steel
- Capacity: 20 fl. oz. (each bowl)
- Dimensions: 11″ tall x 5.4″ diameter (assembled) / 2.6″ tall x 5.4″ diameter (each bowl)
- Weight: 1.6 lbs. (empty)
- Includes three bowls, a lid, and a strap/stand
- A ThinkGeek / GameStop exclusive
Available exclusively at ThinkGeek, this Apollo 11 Film Reel Canister Lunch Box costs $24.9..
Leave a Reply