You’ve seen the Unofficial Game of Thrones Cookbook, now you can get your hands on the real thing. A Feast of Ice & Fire – Official Game of Thrones Cookbook is the official licensed cookbook for George R.R. Martin’s saga and even includes a forward written by George R.R. Martin.
With over 100 recipes divided by region and accompanied by detailed passages from all five books in the series and full-color photographs, you’ll be able to satisfy all the house lords in your
kingdom neighborhood in the style of the Seven Kingdoms.
Ever wonder what it’s like to attend a feast at Winterfell? Wish you could split a lemon cake with Sansa Stark, scarf down a pork pie with the Night’s Watch, or indulge in honeyfingers with Daenerys Targaryen? George R. R. Martin’s bestselling saga A Song of Ice and Fire and the runaway hit HBO series Game of Thrones are renowned for bringing Westeros’s sights and sounds to vivid life. But one important ingredient has always been missing: the mouthwatering dishes that form the backdrop of this extraordinary world. Now, fresh out of the series that redefined fantasy, comes the cookbook that may just redefine dinner . . . and lunch, and breakfast.
These easy-to-follow recipes have been refined for modern cooking techniques, but adventurous eaters can also attempt the authentic medieval meals that inspired them. The authors have also suggested substitutions for some of the more fantastical ingredients, so you won’t have to stock your kitchen with camel, live doves, or dragon eggs to create meals fit for a king (or a khaleesi). In all, A Feast of Ice and Fire contains more than 100 recipes, divided by region:
- The Wall: Rack of Lamb and Herbs; Pork Pie; Mutton in Onion-Ale Broth; Mulled Wine; Pease Porridge
- The North: Beef and Bacon Pie; Honeyed Chicken; Aurochs with Roasted Leeks; Baked Apples
- The South: Cream Swans; Trout Wrapped in Bacon; Stewed Rabbit; Sister’s Stew; Blueberry Tarts
- King’s Landing: Lemon Cakes; Quails Drowned in Butter; Almond Crusted Trout; Bowls of Brown; Iced Milk with Honey
- Dorne: Stuffed Grape Leaves; Duck with Lemons; Chickpea Paste
- Across the Narrow Sea: Biscuits and Bacon; Tyroshi Honeyfingers; Wintercakes; Honey-Spiced Locusts
Remember, winter is coming so you better eat a few good meals while you still can. A Feast of Ice & Fire – Official Game of Thrones Cookbook is available at ThinkGeek.com for $34.99, Amazon.com from $18.25 and at Barnes & Noble for $21.