8MP Digital Underwater Camera Mask
I’ve never taken a camera underwater but it seems like it would be a real pain in the butt because you have to deal with holding the camera, the mask getting in the way, and actually swimming gets a little more difficult because one hand has the camera. The 8MP Digital Underwater Camera Mask would probably make things a lot easier because all of those problems are done away with.
While similar to the Scuba Series 318 Underwater Digital Camera/Video Mask, this camera/mask combo from Liquid Image comes with 32MB of flash memory that’s expandable to 32GB with a MicroSD card, and it compatible with Windows 7, along with 2000, XP, Vista, and MAC 10.4 (or above).
You can check out the specs below –
8MP Digital Underwater Camera Mask:
- Image sensor: 1/3.2” 5.0 Mega Pixels CMOS sensor
- Pixels: Still image: 8.0MP interpolated
- Image Resolution: Still images: 3264×2448
- Video Resolution: 640×480, VGA
- Digital video recording rate: up to 30fps @ VGA
- Internal NANS flash Memory – 32MB
- Storage Medium: Micro SD (up to 32GB)
- Lens: 4P + IR fix lens, 74 degrees
- Lens aperture: F/3.2 +/- 5%
- Lens focus: 0.8m to infinity
- Shutter speed: Stills: 1/15 to 1/1000 secs
- Sensitivity: Auto: ISO 100
- White balance: Automatic
- Audio: No audio
- Display: Status LCD panel
- Support system: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7 and MAC 10.4 or above (no software required to download files)
You can capture photos and videos that really let you relive your underwater moments because it’s all taken from your point of view. You might even notice the shark that was swimming around and trying to decide if you’d make a good meal while replaying your aquatic adventure… and that’s the kind of stuff that would be good to know for next time.
You can get the 8MP Digital Underwater Camera Mask for £109.95 / €135.83 / $171.56 at Red5.