Cookies are out of this world. I love cookies. For out of this world cookies, you will want to store them in an out of this world cookie jar like the UFO Cookie Jar. If you steal cookies from this, you might get abducted, so your cookies should be safe from the hands of others.
The alien’s eyes even light up. Watching over your stash like an otherworldly guardian. It measures 11.75 inches in diameter x 11.75 inches tall and uses 2 AAA batteries (not included). One of the best cookie jars ever, hands down.
This awesome cookie keeper can be your for $69.99 from Perpetual Kid. Who knew that aliens had a thing for sugary treats?
Great! A cookie jar for deep space cookies:
Deep Space Wookiee Cookies
– 2 1/4 cups organic Spelt flour
– 1/4 cup natural unsweetened cocoa
– 1/3 cup granulated sugar
– 1 tsp ground cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
– 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
– 2 xlg eggs, beaten
– 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate, chopped*
– 1 1/3 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
* A bar is best, refrigerate before cutting; chocolate chips may be substituted.
Preheat oven to 375º. Lightly oil 2 cookie sheets and set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa, granulated sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir well and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, add butter and brown sugar. Using an electric mixer, beat together until well-blended and creamy (about 3 min.).
Add beaten eggs and vanilla; continue beating ingredients until well blended.
Add flour mixture and stir well with a large spoon to combine. Fold in chocolate pieces and chopped walnuts just until evenly distributed.
Drop scoops of dough (about 1 well-rounded tbsp) onto cookie sheet, leaving at least 1/2 inch space between the scoops.
When cookie sheets are ready, bake cookies about 10-12 min.
Remove cookies from cookie sheet and place on cooling rack.
Continue drop/bake steps until all dough is used (or refrigerate for later use).
Makes about 2 1/2 dozen Wookiee-friendly cookies.
1) Include 1 tsp organic orange oil for delicate chocolate-orange flavored cookies.
2) Grapeseed oil is a good cookie sheet lubricant.
3) “Deep Space” refers to the cocoa powder (darkness of deep space).