Perpetual motion machines are cool, even if they don’t run forever. This Solarbotics Perpetual Motion Marble Kit will be fun to see in action. This solar powered machine moves marbles with solar power and it won’t stop unless it gets dark.
You put it together then watch it do its thing. It’s like a model kit that is an actual working machine.
Solarbotics Perpetual Motion Marble Kit
- For Ages 12 and Up
- A perpetual motion-looking machine, which uses sunlight to power motors to move marbles
- Easy to build, with engraved building notes
- Solar-powered or hand-crank operation
- Operates in indoor light!
- 3/8″ steel balls for rolling
- 1 x Set of wooden parts
- 1 x GM9 motor
- 2 x #4 x 1/2″ screws
- 7 x 3/8″ Balls
- 1 x 4700µF capacitor
- 1 x Diode
- 1 x PN222A transistor
- 1 x 381L trigger
- 1 x 6.8µF capacitor
- 1 x 2-conductor wire
- 1 x Double-sided sticky tape
- Materials: wood, metal, electronic bits
- Tools Needed: Soldering iron, solder, glue, and basic tools (not included)
- Batteries: 1 x Sun (indoor light is acceptable, too)
- Designed in a partnership between Solarbotics and Martin Raynsford
- Dimensions: approx. 4″ x 3.75″ x 3.75″
$34.99 from ThinkGeek.com.