We talked about the Hello Kitty Wristwatch Cell Phone earlier this year, and it was a big GA hit. Now that watch phones have finally become a reality, it’s time for the smartwatch to follow suit. Slated to ship on January 30, 2012, the Android-based i’m Watch Smartwatch is preparing to amaze.
i’m Watch Smartwatch
- Height: 52,60 mm; Width: 40 mm; Depth: 10 mm; Weight: 70 gr
- Flash Drive: 4GB; RAM: 64 MB; CPU: IMX233; 1.54” (diagonal) colour TFT display
- 240×240 pixel resolution; 220 ppi (pixel per inch)
- Built-in rechargeable Li-Po 450 mA battery; Charging via USB to computer system or via power adapter
- Standby time without Bluetooth connection: up to 48 hours; Standby time with Bluetooth connection: up to 24 hours
- Talk time with speakerphone: up to 3 hours; Time for other uses: up to 5 hours
Not only will the smartwatch allow you to text, email and phone people, but you can also use it to listen to a ton of music (unlimited if you subscribe to i’Music), access your apps, and touch base with all your social networks. There’s no built-in camera, but that’s understandable with its compact size. Since it’s still a watch, you can be sure that you have the correct time wherever you go, as well as current weather and date at the ready.
The watch comes in several hip colors, but if you want to go high-end you can buy the ‘i’m Jewel’ watch in your choice of gold. The white gold model comes with the heftiest price tag, just under 12,000 €. It could be assumed that the ‘i’m White Gold and Diamonds’ owns up to its name. You gotta love when opulence and technology come together in the same package. It doesn’t come as much of a surprise, coming from the country that brought us Ferrari, Alfa Romeo, and Lamborghini.
Pre-order your i’m Watch straight from the company, starting at 249€ to 11,999€ (roughly $343-$16,500 US). A deposit of half the price of the watch will prepare it for shipment on January 30.
Leave a Reply