With the HAPIfork Bluetooth-Enabled Smart Fork, your silverware is now smart enough to help you lose weight.
When it’s time to stuff our faces, we usually don’t pay attention to how long it took to eat or how many times we lifted our food-laden fork to our slobbering mouths, which is where the world’s first smart fork enters the picture.
The HAPIfork, combined with your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth, can keep track of a number of variables during a meal, including how long it took to eat your meal and how many ‘fork servings’ you had. If the fork determines that you’re eating too fast, it lights up and vibrates. The idea behind the concept is that it takes 15-20 minutes to feel satisfied so you could eat too much by the time your body lets you know you’re actually full. Eating slower means you give your body time to receive the full signal, resulting in fewer calories consumed.
HAPIfork Bluetooth-Enabled Smart Fork
Pair with your smartphone or tablet over Bluetooth® to see your eating stats in real time.
Download the HAPIfork app for iOS or Android and connect it to your device via Bluetooth® to check:
- How long it took to eat your meal
- The number of “fork servings” (each time food is brought to the mouth) per minute
- A timer to help you pace your fork servings
- Actual intervals between fork servings
- Your success rate and overspeed ratio
Upload your eating data for analysis and coaching. This data is then uploaded via USB to your Online Dashboard on HAPI.com to track your progress. Here, you can also follow an online coaching program to help improve your eating behavior.
With the Online Dashboard at HAPI.com and HAPILABS mobile app, you can:
- View and manage all the data from your devices
- Set your workout objectives, track your progress and score points in the HAPILABS challenge
- Share your HAPI moments online with your friends. More friends… More fun!
- Power: Rechargeable Lithium Polymer + 3.7 V
- Length : 7.87 inches
- Width : 1 inch
- Height : 2/3 inches
- Weight : 0.14 pounds
Of course, if this is a little too high-tech for your eating habits, you can always try the Stink Yourself Slim Spray.
(via Red Ferret)