Are you looking for a classy yet geeky holiday present for your husband or significant other? This Geek Terms Stainless Steel Watch makes you look smart even if you aren’t. Show it off and pretend like you know and understand the calculations that are used to depict the hours of the day.
Made from stainless steel, this adjustable watch offers a look that is perfect for young adults heading to college or business professionals looking for a watch that can set them apart from their coworkers without costing hundreds of dollars.
Stainless Steel Geek Term Watch
Sample of the included cheat sheet:
- 1 – Legendre’s constant is a mathematical constant occurring in a formula conjectured by Adrien-Marie Legendre to capture the asymptotic behavior of the prime-counting function. Its value is now known to be exactly 1.
- 2 – A joke in the math world: An infinite number of mathematicians walk into a bar. The first one orders a beer. The second orders half a beer. The third, a quarter of a beer. The bartender says, “You’re all idiots,” and pours two beers.
- 4 – Modular arithmetic, also known as clock arithmetic, is a system of arithmetic for integers, where numbers “wrap around” after they reach a certain value. The modular multiplicative inverse of 2 (mod 7) is the integer /a/ such that 2*/a/ is congruent to 1 modulo 7.
- 7 – A repeating decimal that is proven to be exactly equal to 7 with Cauchy’s Convergence Test.
- 8 – Graphical representation of binary code.
This watch has been extremely popular and is back-ordered, but Uncommon Goods expects to be ready to ship them by December 16, 2011 for a price of $65.
Leave a Reply