JetLev Flyer Water Jet Pack
Everyone has seen video of people flying around in a jet pack, such as footage from the 1960’s of the Bell Rocket Belt in action, and wished that they had a jetpack of their own. However, there are some major problem with flying around with a rocket on your back, not the least of which is what happens if you fly too high and come crashing back down to earth. The JetLev Flyer solves this issue because the water hose limits you to about 30 feet high, and since you fly it above water, you land with a splash instead of a splat.
Even though the JetLev can generate upwards of 500 lb of thrust, its intuitive fly-by-wire digital controls are ludicrously simple to adjust; nozzle angles determine allocation of thrust between lift and propulsion (forward, neutral or reverse); nozzle deflection generates yaw moments, while shifting your weight from side-to-side generates roll moments. You’ll be pulling off Iron Man-style manoeuvres in no time. They’ll even throw in a free lesson from a qualified trainer to get you started.
JetLev Flyer Specifications
- Jetpack dry weight approximately 30 lbs (14kg)
- Maximum Thrust: 430 lbf (1,900N)
- Measured top speed (150-lb or 68 kg pilot): 22mph (35km/h)
- Thrust-to-weight (150-lb or 68 kg pilot, at takeoff): 2.3 : 1
- Flight ceiling (measured at feet level): 28 feet (8.5m)
- Hose length: 33ft (10m)
- Duration at cruising speed (approx.) 1-2 hours
- Duration at wide open throttle (approx.) 1 hour
- High power-to-weight ratio
- Inherent stability and effortless control
- Simple, intuitive flight controls
- Flexible supply hose/tether
Pre-order the JetLev Flyer for £115,000 ($189,750 / €127,650) at Firebox.com.