You can get your hands on 24th century technology right now with the Star Trek TNG Bluetooth ComBadge.
Sadly, warp drive is still beyond us at the moment but you can still feel like you’re a member of the 24th century’s Starfleet with this cool, fully-functioning, officially-licensed communicator badge that looks just like the ones worn by Picard, Number One (Riker), and the rest of the Enterprise crew in Star Trek: The Next Generation.
And yes, it makes that classic chirp sound every time you press it.
Star Trek TNG Bluetooth ComBadge
- Officially-licensed Star Trek: The Next Generation merchandise
- Plays classic communicator chirp sound effect when you press it
- Connects to your phone or device via Bluetooth®
- Built-in microphone for hands-free calling
- Once connected, one touch answers/ends calls, plays/pauses audio, or accesses Siri or Google Now
- Not, however, Majel Barrett
- Wireless Range: 33 ft.
- Drivers: Neodymium magnet
- Frequency Response: 200Hz – 20KHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >80dB
- Materials: ABS and zinc shell
- Attaches using magnets so you don’t have to make holes in your clothes
- Batteries: Rechargeable Lithium-ion (one charge lasts 10 hours)
- Charges via micro-USB cable (included)
- Micro-USB Port: DC5V, 350-400mA
- Dimensions: 1.65″ wide x 2.08″ tall x 0.36″ deep
- Includes ComBadge and micro-USB charging cable
- Subject to change pending licensor approval.
The Star Trek TNG Bluetooth ComBadge will be available November 2016 but it can be pre-ordered now for $79.99 at ThinkGeek.com.