The ScanGauge II Automotive Computer is an easy to install car device that will provide you with a set of digital gauges, a comprehensive trip computer, and an engine trouble code scan tool.
The digital gauges mode displays four different properties on the screen (for example, fuel economy, battery voltage, coolant temperature, and engine speed). The trip computer tracks your vehicle’s maximum speed, average speed, driving time, driving distance, trip fuel economy and several other pieces of trip data. The engine trouble code scan tool lets you read standard engine trouble codes as well as clear the “check engine” light and other warning lamps.
The ScanGauge II is simple to use and install and mounts in, on or below the dash. It plugs into the diagnostic OBD-II connector found under the dash on 1996 and newer cars and light trucks. The functions are accessed viaa simple on-screen menu interface. There is an automatic delayed power-down after engine shutoff and automatic power-up when engine is started. User and vehicle settings are automatically saved.
- Reads engine trouble codes and can reset the “check engine” light
- Trip computer that automatically tracks various elements of trip data
- Expanded digital gauges (fuel economy, battery voltage, coolant temp., etc.)
- No tools needed to install – plugs into the OBD-II diagnostic connector
- Simple menu driven operation
- User-settable backlight color and brightness – 126 possible color/brightness settings
- Batteries not required
- Dimensions: 4.8W x 1.5H x 1D inches
- Connector cord length: 6 feet
- User adjustable contrast and update rate (slow, normal and fast)
- Big display – 50% larger than the original ScanGauge
- Cable detachable – can be connected on the back or side – RJ45 connection
The ScanGauge II Automotive Computer is available from ThinkGeek for $159.99 and will work on the following vehicles.
Leave a Reply