You can use an ATV to tackle land and a jet-ski to tackle water, or you can blow everyone’s mind and master both land and lake with the Quadski, the first commercially available sports amphibian on the US market that can exceed 10mph on water.
As a matter of fact, with the high-performance BMW engine, this sweet ride can reach 45mph on both land and water, with the transition between wheels-up and wheels-down taking only seconds.
Quadski – The world’s first HSA Amphiquad
- Engine: 4 cylinder 1300cc 16 valve DOHC
- Marine Propulsion: Gibbs jet drive
- Water Speed: Up to 45mph
- Land Speed: Up to 45mph
- Suspension: Independent coil springs and hydraulic dampers
- Brakes: 4 Wheel disk brakes (on land)
- Drive Layout (land): RWD
- Payload: up to 260lbs, 120kg (100kg rider, 20kg equipment)
- Occupants: 1
- Dry Weight: 1180Lbs (535kg) excludes fuel, rider and equipment
Of course, when the ride looks like it belongs in a James Bond movie, you know the price tag is going to be a little hefty, but it’s a great addition for anyone that has about $40,000 to spend on it. You can find out more about the Quadski at Gibbs Sports Amphibians.
[via Red Ferret]
Leave a Reply