I install a piece of software into each of my USB drives that asks for a password before the files can be accessed. To add more layers of security to your data, you can opt for the Personal Pocket Safe USB Flash Drive instead.
This is definitely a better way to secure your sensitive data than just using a piece of software. Aside from the PIN that must be entered on the physical keys before the drive can be accessed, there’s also some pre-installed software in the drive that keeps your data safe, better than a mere lock and key ever can.
Just make sure you remember your PIN, or your data might be locked up literally for good.
Personal Pocket Safe USB Flash Drive
A must-have for every household to collect and protect important personal and family records, such as financial accounts, credit cards, insurance policies & passwords, this USB-compatible smart drive utilizes world-class security measures to ensure that only the owner has access to stored information.
- DataLock PIN (3 to 10 digits) that prevents unauthorized users from accessing stored data
- Military grade 256-bit AES encryption providing maximum security
- Embedded software application contains preformatted categories and fields for all important personal information
- Customizable reminders for everything from warranties and policy renewals to scheduled vehicle maintenance
- Portable application can be used on any Windows (XP/Vista) PC with no admin rights necessary
The Personal Pocket Safe USB Flash Drive is available from Amazon.com from $10.75.