There are directions telling you how long to leave that roast in the oven and how long to nuke the Mac & Cheese in the microwave, but how do you tell the best time to leave yourself under the sun? The Oregon Scientific Portable UV Monitor takes the guesswork out of
baking tanning time so you’ll always know what the levels of ultraviolet radiation are in your area, and how long it’s safe to stay exposed to them.
The UV monitor from Oregon Scientific lets you know what the UV levels are in your location and then calculates the maximum safe sun exposure time based on those levels, combined with your sunscreen’s SPF and your skin type. It even keeps you informed with the temperature and time.
Thankfully, you don’t have to be saddled with something that looks like Mr. Spock’s clunky tricorder from the old Star Trek TV series while getting all this scientific info because the monitor is small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, and the bright orange color is bright and festive enough to blend in perfectly at the beach.
Oregon Scientific Portable UV Monitor
- Measures UV level and temperature.
- Features exposure timer to help you regulate your exposure to UV radiation.
- Comes with a wrist strap to make it easier to use outdoors.
- Runs on a single CR2032 battery.
- The box includes the monitor, an orange wrist strap and instructions in several languages, including English.
- Size: 8 cm long x 4.5 cm wide x 2 cm deep (3.2 x 1.7 x 0.9 inches).
Get tan and stay safe by always being aware of the UV levels you’re exposing yourself to with the Oregon Scientific Portable UV Monitor for $40.13 / 29,95€ / £25.46 from Curiosite and £24.95 at Amazon.co.uk.
Leave a Reply