Many of you probably know that October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, but did you also know it was National Drum Month? So with all due respect to breast cancer patients, survivors, supporters, and friends, I am going to talk about Drum Month and what Korg is doing for this lesser known October celebration. Korg, for those of you that don’t know them, started in the 60s when a nightclub proprietor watched a popular musician on stage with his electronic sideman – basically a simple beat-box. After discussing the instrument’s limitations, the two were convinced they could do it better and set up shop to create the world’s best workstation/synthesizers. Some 50 years and several dozen products later, that brings us to the Korg Wavedrum Mini.
The Korg Wavedrum Mini is a dynamic percussion synthesizer that has a built in speaker, battery-powered portability, and a revolutionary sensor clip that transforms nearly any object into a musical instrument. Make music anywhere, anytime, with almost anything. The Wavedrum Mini does away with all the heavy equipment and lets you be you by simply making music whenever the inspiration hits you.
The all-new Wavedrum Mini carries on this sound concept in a compact and portable format – complete with a built-in speaker and battery power for play anywhere convenience. In addition to its dynamic pad surface, the Wavedrum Mini also includes a newly-developed sensor clip which can be attached to a table, cup, or any object, allowing it to be played as a percussion instrument. Using the sensor clip and the pad allows two sounds to be played at once, doubling the Wavedrum Mini’s performance potential. Choose from 100 great sounds; add in one of the 10 exciting effects; play along to one of the 100 internal rhythm patterns, or record with unlimited overdubs using the built-in Looper. The possibilities are endless. The Wavedrum Mini will appeal to musicians who value a truly original performance, or to any beginner simply looking to enjoy playing a musical instrument.
Korg Wavedrum Mini Dynamic Percussion Synthesizer
- Portable percussion synthesizer built on Korg’s renowned Wavedrum technology
- Play two sounds at once for a rich musical experience:
- Play one sound from the dynamic pad
- Play a second sound from any surface or object using the sensor clip
- 100 Ready-to-play sounds ranging from acoustic tones to synthetic sounds
- 100 Rhythm patterns serve as a rhythmic guide or provide jam-along-fun
- 10 Preset audio effects; select any effect and enhance any sound
- On-board Looper allows unlimited overdub layering for complex, multi-sound patterns
- Share your sounds using the built-in speaker, or practice using headphones
- Battery operation lets you play with confidence on the street, outdoors or anywhere
- AC Adapter and mounting strap are included
To learn more go to Korg.com. You can purchase the Korg Wavedrum Mini Dynamic Percussion Synthesizer at Amazon.com for $299.99.
Leave a Reply