When the weather takes a turn for the worst, serious bikers will have all the equipment they need for a serious workout with the KICKR Power Trainer – World’s First iPhone Powered Bike Trainer. Designed by Wahoo Fitness, the KICKR Power Trainer allows cyclists and triathletes to set resistance, accurately measure power and complete App based workouts all from the convenience of their iPhone.
The simple to use design incorporates Bluetooth 4.0 and ANT+ technology to connect to your iPhone, allowing full resistance control during your workout. No knobs to turn or other mechanical adjustments, while pedaling you can increase or decrease resistance, structure interval workouts, or even simulate real world bike courses all from a touch on your smartphone.
The trainer is engineered to produce an ultra-realistic road feel, equivalent to the inertia of an actual rider on the road and direct power measurement at the hub provides consistent and accurate readings for every grueling mile.
“Cyclist and triathletes will be blown away by the feel of the KICKR,” says Chip Hawkins, CEO of Wahoo Fitness. “We spent a ton of time engineering the feel, fine tuning it for the most realistic ride we’ve ever experienced on an indoor bike trainer. With the wheel off design there is no need for calibration; the power is consistent and accurate every single time. The electronic resistance is driven by your iPhone or tablet, during a ride you can go from hammering up a 15% grade to coasting downhill, instantaneously.”
Wahoo Fitness KICKR Power Trainer
- Adjust resistance via iPhone for structured rides or simulate real world courses using top cycling Apps including TrainerRoad and Kinomap Trainer.
- Wheel off design allows direct power measurement at the hub, providing the most accurate and consistent power measurement throughout every mile
- In ride adjustments simulate across all intensities from coasting downhill to cranking up a 15% grade (600-2000 watt resistance)
- Ultra realistic road feel specifically engineered to simulate the inertia of an actual rider on the road
- Measure power (wattage), and speed all using your favorite iPhone cycling App or favorite ANT+ bike computer
- ANT+ and Bluetooth 4.0 compatible
- Quiet – tested to be one of the quietest trainers on the market
The KICKR Power Trainer is being demoed at EUROBIKE 2012 and will be available in the U.S this November. To learn more go to Wahoofitness.com.
Leave a Reply