This Grow your own Crystal Nightlight kit is all about science. Learning through doing is always a great way to learn. With this kit, kids ages 8 and up can grow their own golf-ball-sized crystal out of potassium aluminum sulfate.
The kit has everything you need to get started. Build it, learn some cool stuff in the process and when you are finished you will have your own neat night light.
Grow your own Crystal Nightlight
- For kids ages 8 and up
- 4 different experiments encourage kids to learn
- Grow your own golf-ball-sized crystal out of potassium aluminum sulfate
- Learn about the chemistry of crystal formation and the physics of light and color
- Get familiar with circuitry by building the color-changing LED light
- Batteries: 2 AA batteries (not included)
- Includes die-cut black cardboard, plastic base with lid, transparent plastic cone, color-changing LED, 2 contact springs, 2 black screws, 2 silver screws, black wire with eyelet and contact latch, double contact latch, switch with eyelet and contact latch, 2 50 gram packages of potassium aluminum sulfate powder, safety goggles, 125 milliliter measuring cup, wooden spatula, wooden stick, and instruction booklet
Only $19.99 from ThinkGeek.com.