There’s never a pen around when you need one right? Make your own with this handy DIY Pen Kit. This kit will let you build your pen and then cover it in heat shrink tubing.
When you add heat you can watch the tubing shrink to form the pen’s “skin”. There is no better pen than the one you make yourself.
DIY Pen Kit
- For Ages 16 and up
- Make your own retractable-tip pen with this neato kit
- Wood makes the skeleton and heat shrink tubing makes the skin
- Designed by Studio Fraser Ross from Glasgow, Scotland
- Replaceable Ink: Parker-style ink gel refill (1 x black ink cartridge included)
- Tools Needed: heat gun or hairdryer and hobby knife (not included)
- Materials: birch plywood, black heat shrink rubber, plastic, chrome pen parts, ink cartridge
- Includes: 22 pen pieces, extra stand pieces, and instructions
- Dimensions: approx. 0.9″ diameter (at its thickest) x 5.5″ long
Only $29.99 from ThinkGeek.com.
For that price I could buy a box of 50 Bic pens and just leave them scattered about the house.