When you’re a chocoholic and you’re running on empty, non-edible objects begin looking a lot like chocolate. Soil in plant pots start to look an awful lot like crumbs of chocolate cake. Ooh, is that an African violet plant in a terra cotta pot? Give me a glass of milk and a fork, please. No, you’re not dreaming. It’s a completely edible, five-layer Blooming Flower Pot Cake.
We knew that violets were edible and could be used to add an extra ounce of shishi poopoo to a dish. But when you get to eat the leaves, soil and pot too, that’s pretty incredible. See how your gift recipient reacts when she thinks she’s just getting a small plant on a plate. Get your camera ready for the big reveal, when she finds out she can eat the entire thing. She’d better share, though.
Blooming Flower Pot Cake
Pastry artistry in full bloom, this chocolate devil’s food cake arrives in the exquisite shape of a potted African violet. Send the flower cake as a sweet Mother’s Day gift, or serve it as a show-stopping addition to your spring table.
- Velvety-rich five-layer chocolate devil’s food cake with chocolate-caramel truffle cream filling and coffee buttercream frosting.
- Topped with hand-sculpted sugar paste flowers and green fondant icing leaves.
- Made for us by Perfect Endings in California’s Napa Valley.
- Easy to prepare: simply thaw and serve.
- Shipped frozen.
- 5 1/2″ diam., 6 1/2″ high (serves 4).
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
The Perfect Endings Blooming Flower Pot Cake is an Internet only Williams-Sonoma exclusive. Order yours for $100.
Also, don’t forget to feast your eyeballs on the Perfect Endings Peanut Butter Cup Cake. It’s bigger and better than any peanut cup you’ve ever had.