Oh tidings of comfort and joy! One way to get pumped about Christmas is to set up an advent calendar on the first of December. Usually we see calendars filled with toys like LEGO or candy, but here’s another idea: you could start the countdown with twenty-four bottled gulps of different whiskies on the wall. The Whisky Advent Calendar is full of specially selected varieties of whisky that’ll have you as giddy as a kid in a candy store.
Each of the twenty-four bottles is hidden behind its own perforated cardboard door that you have to punch out. You’ve got to work for the finer things in life. When you reach in the door, you will find a small 30ml bottle which is about the volume of a 1-oz shot. Each bottle is labeled and wax-sealed. There’s no telling which door holds the 50-year-old whisky, but you know when you find it that you’re going to have a special kind of day.
Whisky Advent Calendar
- Advent calendar featuring 24 unique drams
- Individually waxed and labeled bottles
- Wide range of handpicked whiskies
- Includes a 50 year old sample
- Each Calendar measures approximately 8cm(D) x 23cm(W) x 34cm(H)
- Each bottle measures approximately 8cm(H) x 4cm(D)
- Each bottle contains approximately 30ml (24x bottles)
- Alcohol content varies depending on the bottle
To pose a challenge, the whiskies are not placed in linear, numerical fashion. Rather, they are randomly arranged to keep things fun and interesting. Going through this calendar is a light warm-up for what your liver is about to endure towards the end of the month. By the 25th, it should be in top, salubrious shape.
Another nice gift idea for yourself or the whisky buff: Whiskey Stones.