If you prefer something more of a desktop gadget car, rather than the laser combat ones from yesterday, then maybe this USB R/C Car ($30) is what you are looking for. (Update: Link removed because the page is gone.)
The included software lets you control the vehicle from your computer, and 10 minutes of charging in the garage will give you 5 minutes of play time.
Here’s a demonstration video of the USB car:
Features & Specification:
- Speedy radio controlled racing
- Fast charge car garage is provided for recharging
- Able to recharge in less than 10 min
- Control time around 5 min on a fully charged battery
- Full control from your computer, easy to operate and control
- Transmitter is powered by USB and the controls are on the interface
- Personalize car decal
- 6 ways directional controls
- Powered by USB with 4 feet of cable, no Batteries required
- Compatible with Windows XP and 2000
- RC Car size: 8.7 x 4.5 x 3.3cm (45gm)
- Garage size: 12.7 x 7.9 x 7.5cm (200gm)
Now that is a cool little idea. And a Mini Cooper at that! how fitting.
Yes, it sure is. 🙂
A Driving school based in Birmingham, driving lessons
from £15 by DSA approved driving instructors in Birmingham Solihull.
USB cars are hot right now and are getting a lot of exposure thanks to sites like You Tube. People get a chance to see them run right from their computer and then they want one!
I’ve never seen these before, but they look like great fun 🙂