If you are looking for a cool gadget to start 2012 off with, check out the USB Indoor/Outdoor Thermometer. This thermometer plugs into your PC or laptop USB port and includes two waterproof external temperature sensors and one internal sensor. This third generation thermometer from Brando is a great way to keep track of all sorts of temperature related data and includes software for easy logging and storage.
Whether you are an up-and-coming meteorologist or just some concerned with the temperature around your PC and server, this handy little USB device will let you monitor and track the daily changes. For people concerned about extreme temperatures, whether they are high or low, you can set up the software to send you an email alert to notify you when that temperature is reached. This is a very handy way to monitor the temperature of your server, especially if it is located in a small area or somewhere you don’t frequently visit.
USB Indoor/Outdoor Thermometer III
- Probe Type: NTC thermistor (10K F3950), Powered by USB, Voltage: +5V, Current: <10mA
- Temperature Range: Internal Sensor: -40 ~ +120°C, Temperature Range: External Sensor: -50 ~ +150°C
- Temperature Resolution: 0.1°C, Temperature Accuracy: ±1.5°C
- Temperature can be captured from every second to 12 hours
- The logged data can be pasted to Word / Excel easily
- Support Window 7 / Vista / XP
You can purchase the USB Indoor/Outdoor Thermometer at Brando for $32.