The TeleSpy may not be a true alternative to a standard home alarm systems, but it can function as a low-cost option when you want to add a little extra security to your home.
The TeleSpy features an intrusion notification systems built into a working telephone. With the internal hidden motion detector and microphone this plain telephone is now your DIY way to install a home alarm. Simply enter the number you would like the TeleSpy to call in the event of an intrusion and turn the power switch on. When the motion activated sensor is triggered the TeleSpy will call the number and the internal microphone will allow the call recipient to hear what is happening!
- “Slim Line” type standard telephone
- Stores one number
- Plugs into standard RJ-11 phone jack
- 30 seconds of listening – after 30 seconds the TeleSpy call disconnects and re-arms
- Built-in passive infrared motion sensor
- 45-degree wedge beyond the sensor origin
- Amplified condenser microphone
- Includes: Telespy, coil phone cord, phone cord, AC adapter, instructions
The TeleSpy Intrusion Detector is available at ThinkGeek for $59.99.