Last week we saw our favorite tin can astromech droid R2-D2 in the shape of a belt buckle. This week they have turned him and his red cousin R2-D1 into a nice pair of desktop speakers.
You get a two-droid set, R2-D2 and his red doppleganger R2-D1. Each features a flip-up head to reveal a speaker. Plug the stereo headphone style plug into your PC, iPod or spare Wookie for some droid-based sound. We won’t kid you, these speakers are not powered so their volume is limited by whatever audio input you give them. But don’t you want to help out a droid who’s down on his luck?
- Mini Speakers look like R2-D2 and R2-D1
- Imported from Japan
- Officially Licensed Star Wars Product
- Detailed construction with movable arms and foot
- Flip up each Droid’s head to reveal the speaker
- Standard stereo headphone jack connector
- Speakers are not powered, they run off the power of whatever audio source you give them
- Each Droid stands approximately 6 inches high
The Star Wars R2-D2 Speaker Set ($39.99) is available at ThinkGeek.