This is a real treat for Star Trek fans. It is the first fully-functional wireless Star Trek communicator and it pairs with Bluetooth-enabled phones.
This working replica is designed using 3D scans taken from the actual prop. Fans have been waiting a long time for this.
Star Trek: TOS Bluetooth Communicator
- First fully-functional wireless Star Trek communicator
- Officially-licensed Star Trek merchandise
- Pairs with Bluetooth®-enabled phones
- Designed using structured-light 3D scans taken of the alpha hero prop
- Includes authentic sound effects and conversation fragments from the Star Trek Universe
- Wireless Range: 32 ft.
- Speaker allows for hands-free calls or playing music
- High-quality MEMS microphone
- Due to the EU’s WEEE rulings, we cannot ship this item outside of the US and CA.
- Materials: Combination of pressed metal, die-cast metal, machined aluminium, and textured ABS
- Magnetic stand with metal base and multi-colour LED charge status illumination
- Batteries: Built-in lithium polymer
- Stand supports wireless charging
- Dimensions: 4″ tall (closed) or 7″ tall (open) x 2 3/4″ wide x 1 1/2″ thick
Get it for only $149.99 from ThinkGeek.com. It is coming soon.
I keep waiting for the Bluetooth Combadge! I’m not an engineer, but wouldn’t a simple enough one, when activated, prompt Siri (or Cortana I guess) to then do whatever you needed done? Or if your phone is ringing, tap it to answer. Can’t we do this by now?? Even if all it is is the combadge already available on ThinkGeek linked via bluetooth to an app???
Geordi we need you!